Monday, July 7, 2014

Osteology Workshop-Day 1 & Banned from the Market

Today was the first day of our osteology workshop.  We will be in the lab Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm. We have some weekend field trips too. We had our first bone quiz today.  Don't ask about my score.  It's a benchmark for the rest of the bone quizzes and I can only do better from here. In my defense, there were a lot of juvenile bones and I have not had a lot of experience with those.  But, that's why I am here.  

Day 1:
Heading in to the bone lab...

Courtyard...


Some of my classmates...



Trip to the Museum...

Hi Matt! 

Ring found in a burial...


The floor is a map. 






Casket in the floor...




We went to the market after workshop today. The security guard followed us around the store. Eventually, he told me without words that I should stop taking photos. He shook his finger at me.  He followed us through the rest of the store and watched us until we left. 

Quail Eggs



Yummy?!







Matt found the Dew! 

 Snuggle is creepy here!

 This is the beer that we had in Budapest. Did not like. 


I want to go back and get these for my kids. 


Pig pate. Why is the pig blue?



Food is less expensive here. 100 USD is about 320 Romanian Lei. A burger, fries and a Coke was 11 Lei at lunch time. It's a big burger and the fries are cooked when you order them. I will take a photo next time.

A window in the Lei. 



2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I love the Kinder goodies! I had several friends and relatives bring some back for my girls when smaller, and now, for ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get Kinder eggs in Canada...but you just can't bring them across the border :-(

    ReplyDelete