Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 4: Bone Quiz & No Salad for You!

The morning started with bone quiz. My score improved from last time. 

The morning's lecture was on dentition, so teeth will appear on tomorrow's bone quiz. Oh joy! For lunch, we went to a restaurant across the street from the lab. Our lunch break is 1.5 hours. At just about 1.5 hours, none of our food had come out. Then slowly, the waitress brought out soup to those who had ordered it. The soup was cold. I ordered a chicken breast salad. No salad. Someone ran to tell our director that we were still waiting. No salad. I finally paid my part of the check and decided to leave. I didn't want to demand my salad, because who knows if they might spit in it or something.  The rest of the group came back to the lab and brought me my money back. My salad never came. I think they didn't like us because we are American. Sad. 




The streets are cobblestone.

Coffee shop with yummy baked goods. 

Frozen treats. Dinky bar anyone?

A lot of the milk is fermented. 

Crack is cheap!



 We spent the rest of the day in the lab before heading out for a celebratory "we didn't fail our bone quiz again" gelato. Note to self: pistachio is not my friend. 


Her name was Lola. She was a showgirl? 



Gelato!
  
It's so pretty and tasty. 

It's about a dollar for two scoops. 



After dropping off our books at the hostel, we made a trip to the Romanian equivalent of Walmart. I managed to take a couple of photos without getting kicked out. 



Romanian "Walmart"

WTF?! I am going to bring these home for my daughter. 

  
Street signs. No trucks, no tractors and no horse and buggies. 

When you want to cross the street, you just step out in front of cars and hope they see you. People drive so fast here. This sign says "yank your friend across the street." 

Concrete fence

Neat door

The stairs in our hostel. 

More stairs.

Home sweet home


Bone quiz again tomorrow. Ugh! 

2 comments:

  1. Loving the posts and the pics! Sucks about the restaurant. Is there a lot of anti-American sentiment there?

    ReplyDelete